Monday, September 15, 2014

For Anna and Luke

(Thought I had a better photo of this... oops. And those dowels aren't trimmed and painted here yet.) 

Well, one copy of this big woodcut/linocut on canvas has been given to the newlyweds, Anna and Luke, and the other is up in the WLC Alumni art exhibit, so it's safe to share on the blog now. 

(Side note, it won an honorable memtion! Go see the show at WLC! I've got two prints there and I'm on the postcard, too.)

The text in the corner of this print is 1 Corinthians 13:13, and my husband helped with the translation, font, and layout choices. My mom was a huge help with hemming the edges.

Oh yes, and I should mention my husband and I went on a whirlwind trip to China to deliver this to the newlyweds. (Maybe more on that later.)



No comments:

Post a Comment