Monday, May 20, 2013

Preserving Newsprint Proofs

Some of my students this semester were nice enough to give me their old proofs on newsprint. Unfortunately newsprint deteriorates quite rapidly, so I coated them with some of my trusty water-based polyurethane to preserve them in plasticity. They are a little shiny and less true to the original color, but at least now they won't fade & crumble as quickly over time. 










Tiny Linocut Update

I found the little missing prints (and cards) I made after all.... plus here's another photo of the tiny linocut.





Monday, May 13, 2013

Tiny Linocut


On a whim last week I cut out a tiny linocut, about 1x1". 

Unfortunately the prints I made went missing and I'm still searching for them.... so this will have to do for now.





Monday, May 6, 2013

End of the Spring 2013 Semester

No new art to show today. The last few weeks feel like a blur and I didn't get any of my own work done, nor did I print anything for demos.

Instead I'm going to note that my Spring semester at UWP is just about done. Today & Wednesday are the last two work days for both of my classes, and one week from now all of their art is due with final critiques. And then next Wednesday one of the classes has a short exam - which is mostly what I've been working on.

I'm not teaching any classes this summer, so I'm looking forward to that bit of extra time that I hope to utilize well for working on my own art.