Monday, April 22, 2013

Broken Litho Stone = Sad Day

I was going to post about the first half of my color reduction linocut demo, but then I forgot to take photos. Oops.

Instead I'll show & tell about what I walked in to find today in the print room.

This.



Broken litho stone = unhappy teacher.

No one fessed up to it. (Granted, the culprit might be one of the students who skipped today.) Yet I let my students know that this sort of carelessness is NOT OK. Costly damage to the print room's supplies like this is why I teach them how to do things the right way in the first place.

Sad start to my Monday... though really, besides this, the rest of my classes weren't bad today.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I work in an art museum. We need to replace our pieces of broken Litho stones for use in demo carts in the galleries. I know its a long shot but do you happen to still have the broken pieces, particularly the smaller one that you may have been unable to resize. Please contact me at Nancy.strickland@cartermuseum.com if you have one.

    ReplyDelete