Sunday, October 3, 2010

"Dead End" Print

Here's an in-progress look at my submission for Red Hydrant Press's "Dead End" exhibit, which is a Day of the Dead celebration with this year's theme of oil.

This edition was quite different for me - simply by being printed in an edition, for one thing! The small 5.5 x 7.5 inch size restraint was a big change from my usual 4 x 6 ft prints. I also cut new blocks specifically for this print that can be repeated, thought only ONE block (in two layers) was used for the final print as opposed to my usual printing of many blocks repeated & arranged around the paper.

The metallic colors I used make my usual prints look like swirling oil in conjunction with the theme. They will be coated with polyurethane tomorrow to be even shinier.


1 comment:

  1. As far as shiny goes, have you considered glitter pens?

    ReplyDelete