Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Early Stages

Here's a sneak peek at some of my new projects. I'm all over the place this week! Must be more of the back-to-school mode.

First, new woodblocks that I'm cutting out differently than usual... you'll see what I mean when they are printed.



Next, my sketch for a collagraph... which will make more sense when printed as well.




I didn't take a photo, but I've got two litho stones levigated today & ready to be drawn with litho crayons & tusche washes. They'll be similar to the last litho I did this summer.

I've got a big shiny new piece of copper for polishing up my intaglio skills. I haven't done much etching lately, but it would be good to keep it up. I'd like to experiment to see how I can best transfer these patterns over to that medium.

I'm also in the process of prepping my print for hanging for Artprize. Here's proof of it hanging in my studio drying after I applied wax medium.




I'm going to apologize in advance because I don't know if I will have internet access this weekend. Sorry, but unfortunately no internet means no blog updates.

3 comments:

  1. Apology not accepted. Must. Have. New. Blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be willing to bet there will be internet access. You're not going to the moon this weekend are you?

    ReplyDelete