Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Madness

Look who's been all productive today & using bright cool colors...



The blue ones are re-prints from the ones that got messed up. As long as I was in the blue color range I decided to add green & purple.

I'll post more detailed photos of them next time, because I have a lot of sorting and color-correcting to do on the many photos I took.



Unfortunately I cracked a block today and almost cried (yes, I love my blocks & prints that much!). While running the square blocks through the press to pull off excess ink, I watched in horror as one block jumped just enough so that it overlapped another block & I tried to stop the press wheel..... but even in those few milliseconds I was too late & heard the fatal crack.

After surveying the damage, it wasn't as bad as I feared. I ran the cracked block through the press a few times to flatten it out again. There's still a slight warp & a nice hairline fracture along the printing side of the block. I'm lucky enough that it didn't crack deeper or more irreparable than it did. It's not even showing up too badly when I ran the last two prints today.

Here's my poor wounded block (the crack runs all the way across, but I couldn't get a decent photo) ...

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to get caught up, somehow I got behind on your posts. I like the drying rack photo, you look so productive! Cracked block photo- dislike. :(

    ReplyDelete