Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Results of Happy Accidents

Ok, bear with me because these look MUCH better in person & are difficult to photograph for some odd reason. (Click to enlarge the photos, & the close-up shots at the end of this post help.)

Behold the results of that little happy accident I wrote about earlier.

I'm trying out some new color combinations, new arrangements with the squares, & new mulberry paper.

Here's one of the prints - the first layer.



Then I purposefully rotated the same block & strategically printed the second color.



I liked it so much I tried it some more in different colors. First layer...



And second layer....



Here's a close-up to hopefully give you a better look at the cool layering effects that are going on.



Here's a close-up of the third print in this fashion that I did. I'm not as big of a fan of these colors, but this photo does a good job of showing what's going on.



Up next, I'm going to take this print & coat it with polyurethane to make some magic.... And more prints on fabric eventually.

2 comments:

  1. I like it!
    Maybe the next art piece on my wall should come from you :) I already have 3 from Ang :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the orange and yellow one. :) They're all great, but I especially like those colors.

    ReplyDelete